- Ophthalmologic disorders in minority populations.Med Clin North Am. 2005; 89: 795-804
- Disparities in visual impairment by immigrant status in the United States.Am J Ophthalmol. 2014; 158: 800-807.e5
- Disparity in prevalence of self-reported visual impairment in older adults among U.S. race-ethnic subgroups.Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2009; 16: 144-150
- Disparities in eye care utilization among the United States adults with visual impairment: findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System 2006–2009.Am J Ophthalmol. 2012; 154: S45-52.e1
- Blindness and visual impairment in the Medicare population: disparities and association with hip fracture and neuropsychiatric outcomes.Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2019; 26: 279-285
- 2018 BRFSS Survey data and documentation.Accessed 25.07.20)
- Racial and ethnic disparities in health and health care.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2017; 44: 1-11
All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE disclosures form.
The author(s) have made the following disclosure(s): B.K.W.: Consultant – Genentech, Castle Bioscience
J.S.: Consultant – Alcon, Regeneron, Dorc
Supported by the National Institutes of Health , Bethesda, Maryland (core grant no.: P30EY014801 ); the Department of Defense , Arlington, Virginia (grant no.: W81XWH-13-1-0048 ); and Research to Prevent Blindness , Inc., New York, New York (unrestricted grant). The sponsors or funding organizations had no role in the design or conduct of this research.
HUMAN SUBJECTS: Human subjects were included in this study. As a retrospective review of public data, this study was exempt from institutional review board review. The requirement for informed consent was waived because of the retrospective nature of the study. All research adhered to the tenets of the Declaration of Helsinki.
No animal subjects were included in this study.
Conception and design: Uhr, Chawla, Williams, Cavuoto, Sridhar
Analysis and interpretation: Uhr, Chawla, Williams, Cavuoto, Sridhar
Data collection: Uhr, Chawla, Williams, Cavuoto, Sridhar
Obtained funding: N/A
Overall responsibility: Uhr, Chawla, Williams, Cavuoto, Sridhar