- Silicone frontalis slings for the correction of blepharoptosis: indications and efficacy.Ophthalmology. 1996; 103: 623-630
- Functional results and complications of Mersilene mesh use for frontalis suspension ptosis surgery.Br J Ophthalmol. 2004; 88: 361-364
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guideline for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, 2017.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 784-791
- Perioperative prophylactic antibiotics in 1,250 orbital surgeries.Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020; 36: 385-389
- Multinational comparison of prophylactic antibiotic use for eyelid surgery.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015; 133: 778-784
- Updated recommendations for control of surgical site infections.Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 1082-1093
- Prophylactic antibiotics in aesthetic surgery.Aesthet Surg J. 2010; 30 (quiz 873): 859-871
Disclosure(s): All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE disclosures form.
The author(s) have made the following disclosure(s): K.D.C.: Consultant — Genentech.
Funded by an unrestricted grant to the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences from Research to Prevent Blindness , Inc. New York, New York.
HUMAN SUBJECTS: This retrospective review was conducted in compliance with Institutional Review Board guidelines, the Declaration of Helsinki, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. The requirement for informed consent was waived because of the retrospective nature of the study.
No animal subjects were used in this study.
Conception and design: Clark, Kuiper, Allen, Shriver
Data collection: Simmons, Clark, Kuiper, Nerad, Allen, Carter, Shriver
Analysis and interpretation: Simmons, Clark, Kuiper, Zimmerman, Shriver
Obtained funding: N/A; Study was performed as part of the authors' regular employment duties. No additional funding was provided.
Overall responsibility: Simmons, Clark, Kuiper, Zimmerman, Shriver