Main Outcome Measures
Abbreviations and Acronyms:CI (confidence interval), dB (decibels), HMS (Hydrus Microstent), IOP (intraocular pressure), MIGS (minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries), mIOP (medicated intraocular pressure), NMS (no microstent), OR (odds ratio), POAG (primary open-angle glaucoma), POD (postoperative day), SLT (selective laser trabeculoplasty), VF MD (visual field mean deviation), wIOP (washout intraocular pressure)
- Risk factors for acute postoperative intraocular pressure elevation after phacoemulsification in glaucoma patients.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2014; 40: 538-544
- The effect of phacoemulsification on intraocular pressure in medically controlled open-angle glaucoma patients.Am J Ophthalmol. 2014; 157: 26-31
- Intraocular pressure rise after phacoemulsification surgery in glaucoma patients.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2004; 30: 1219-1224
- Risk factors for intraocular pressure rise following phacoemulsification.Indian J Ophthalmol. 2013; 61: 115-118
- Short-term changes in intraocular pressure after phacoemulsification in glaucoma patients.Ophthalmologica. 2012; 228: 154-158
- Intraocular pressure elevation within the first 24 hours after cataract surgery in patients with glaucoma or exfoliation syndrome.Ophthalmology. 2008; 115: 104-108
- Revisiting early postoperative follow-up after phacoemulsification.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002; 28: 100-108
- intraocular pressure after phacoemulsification in open-angle glaucoma patients with uncontrolled or marginally controlled glaucoma and/or with severe visual field loss.J Glaucoma. 2018; 27: 108-114
- Increased intraocular pressure on the first postoperative day following resident-performed cataract surgery.Eye (Lond). 2011; 25: 929-936
- Evaluation of intraocular pressure in the immediate postoperative period after phacoemulsification.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007; 33: 1953-1957
- Early postoperative intraocular pressure pattern in glaucomatous and nonglaucomatous patients.J Cataract Refract Surg. 1996; 22: 607-611
- Early postoperative intraocular pressure elevation following cataract surgery.Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2019; 30: 56-62
- Prophylactic effect of oral acetazolamide against intraocular pressure elevation after cataract surgery in eyes with glaucoma.Ophthalmology. 2017; 124: 701-708
- Intraocular pressure elevation after cataract surgery and its prevention by oral acetazolamide in eyes with pseudoexfoliation syndrome.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018; 44: 175-181
- Prevention of acute postoperative pressure rises in glaucoma patients undergoing cataract extraction with posterior chamber lens implant.Br J Ophthalmol. 1992; 76: 534-537
- A Schlemm canal microstent for intraocular pressure reduction in primary open-angle glaucoma and cataract: the HORIZON Study.Ophthalmology. 2019; 126: 29-37
- Clinical Decisions in Glaucoma.The CV Mosby Co, St Louis1993
- The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study: design and baseline description of the participants.Arch Ophthalmol. 1999; 117: 573-583
- The Advanced Glaucoma Intervention Study (AGIS): 7 The relationship between control of intraocular pressure and visual field deterioration.Am J Ophthalmol. 2000; 130: 429-440
- Early Manifest Glaucoma Trial Group. Reduction of intraocular pressure and glaucoma progression: results from the Early Manifest Glaucoma Trial.Arch Ophthalmol. 2002; 120: 1268-1279
- Intraocular pressure 3 to 4 hours and 20 hours after cataract surgery with and without ab interno trabeculectomy.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2015; 41: 2081-2091
- Risk factors for a postoperative intraocular pressure spike after phacoemulsification.Can J Ophthalmol. 2007; 42: 51-55
- Significant peripheral anterior synechiae after repeat selectıve laser trabeculoplasty.Can J Ophthalmol. 2015; 50: e36-e38
- Peripheral anterior synechiae formation after trabeculoplasty.Arch Ophthalmol. 1988; 106: 189-191
- Natural course of intraocular pressure after cataract surgery with sodium chondroitin sulfate 4%-sodium hyaluronate 3% (Viscoat).Ophthalmology. 2005; 112: 1714-1718
- Intraocular pressure changes and the implications on patient review after phacoemulsification.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2003; 29: 504-507
- A comparison of the effectiveness of dorzolamide and acetazolamide in preventing postoperative intraocular pressure rise following phacoemulsification surgery.J R Coll Surg Edinb. 1998; 43: 344-346
- Randomised fellow eye comparison of the effectiveness of dorzolamide and apraclonidine on intraocular pressure following phacoemulsification cataract surgery.Eye (Lond). 2000; 14: 757-760
See Commentary on page 1311.
Financial Disclosure(s): The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article.
Ivantis Inc., had no role in the design or conduct of this research. There was no funding for this study.
HUMAN SUBJECTS: Human subjects were included in this study. Local Institutional Review Boards approved the study protocol, and all participants provided written, informed consent. All research adhered to the tenets of the Declaration of Helsinki.
No animal subjects were used in this study.
Conception and design: Zebardast, Zheng, Jampel
Data collection: HORIZON study group
Analysis and interpretation: Zebardast, Zheng, Jampel
Obtained funding: N/A
Overall responsibility: Zebardast, Zheng, Jampel