Main Outcome Measures
Acronyms and Abbreviations:ELWA (Eternal Love Winning Africa), ETU (Ebola treatment unit), EVD (Ebola virus disease), IOP (intraocular pressure), VA (visual acuity)
Ebola situation report. World Health Organization: Ebola Situation Report, Geneva. Available at: http://apps.who.int/ebola/current-situation/ebola-situation-report-30-march-2016; Accessed March 30, 2016.
- Long-term sequelae after Ebola virus disease in Bundibugyo, Uganda: a retrospective cohort study.Lancet Infect Dis. 2015; 15: 905-912
- Study of Ebola virus disease survivors in Guinea.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 61: 1035-1042
- Ebola virus disease: a review on epidemiology, symptoms, treatment and pathogenesis.Neth J Med. 2014; 72: 442-448
- Late ophthalmologic manifestations in survivors of the 1995 Ebola virus epidemic in Kikwit, Democratic Republic of the Congo.J Infect Dis. 1999; 179: S13-S14
- Uveitis and systemic inflammatory markers in convalescent phase of Ebola virus disease.Emerg Infect Dis. 2016; 22: 295-297
- Persistence of Ebola virus in ocular fluid during convalescence.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2423-2427
- Early clinical sequelae of Ebola virus disease in Sierra Leone: a cross-sectional study.Lancet Infect Dis. 2016; 16: 331-338
- Post-Ebola syndrome, Sierra Leone.Emerg Infect Dis. 2016; 22: 641-646
- Post-Ebola virus disease syndrome: what do we know?.Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2015; 13: 1185-1187
- Ebola virus disease complications as experienced by survivors in Sierra Leone.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: 1360-1366
- Standardization of uveitis nomenclature for reporting clinical data. Results of the First International Workshop.Am J Ophthalmol. 2005; 140: 509-516
Change the definition of blindness. Available at: http://www.who.int/blindness/Change%20the%20Definition%20of%20Blindness.pdf. Accessed October 4, 2016.
- Severe meningoencephalitis in a case of Ebola virus disease: a case report.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 165: 301-304
- Long-term clinical outcome and causes of vision loss in patients with uveitis.Ophthalmology. 2014; 121: 2387-2392
Clinical care for survivors of Ebola virus disease: Interim Guidelines. Available at: www.who.org; http://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/ebola/guidance-survivors/en. Accessed October 4, 2016.
S.Y.: Consultant - Santen, Inc, Clearside Biomedical.
Funded by the Serving in Mission (SIM)/Eternal Love Winning Africa Hospital. The funding organization had no role in the design or conduct of research. This project was supported by an unrestricted departmental grant from Research to Prevent Blindness, Inc. (New York, NY), and by National Institutes of Health/National Eye Institute Core Grant P30-EY06360 (Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine), an Emory University School of Medicine University Research Committee Grant (S.Y.), an unrestricted research grant from the Alcon Research Institute (S.Y.), the Heed Ophthalmic Foundation (J.G.S.), the Alcon Foundation, and an unrestricted research grant from Santen, Inc.
Conception and design: Shantha, Crozier, Hayek, Bruce, Gargu, Brown, Fankhauser, Yeh
Analysis and interpretation: Shantha, Crozier, Hayek, Bruce, Gargu, Brown, Fankhauser, Yeh
Data collection: Shantha, Crozier, Hayek, Fankhauser, Yeh
Obtained funding: Shantha, Fankhauser, Yeh
Overall responsibility: Shantha, Fankhauser, Yeh