Main Outcome Measures
- Laser eye injuries.Surv Ophthalmol. 2000; 44: 459-478
- Laser pointer maculopathy.Am J Ophthalmol. 1999; 127: 728-729
- Laser pointer-induced macular injury.Am J Ophthalmol. 1999; 127: 95-96
- Maculopathy from handheld diode laser pointer.Arch Ophthalmol. 1999; 117: 1557-1558
- Retinopathy from a green laser pointer: a clinicopathologic study.Arch Ophthalmol. 2005; 123: 629-633
American National Standard for Safe Use of Lasers. Orlando, FL: Laser Institute of America. ANSI Z136.1–2007. Available at: http://www.lia.org/PDF/Z136_1_s.pdf. Accessed April 4, 2013.
- Retinal injuries from a handheld laser pointer [letter].N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1089-1091
- A case of retinal light damage by green laser pointer (Class 3b) [letter].Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2011; 55: 428-430
- Lasers in ophthalmology: the basic principles.Eye (Lond). 1988; 2: S98-112
- Histologic analysis of photochemical lesions produced in rhesus retina by short-wave-length light.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1978; 17: 1029-1035
- Optical coherence tomography before and after repair of a macular hole induced by an unintentional argon laser burn.Arch Ophthalmol. 2005; 123: 404-405
- Surgical treatment of a macular hole secondary to accidental laser burn [letter].Arch Ophthalmol. 1997; 115: 929-930
- Assessment of alleged retinal laser injuries.Arch Ophthalmol. 2004; 122: 1210-1217
- Accidental laser injury to the eye [report online].Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010;(Mar 9); : 1-5
- Choroidal neovascularization in a child following laser pointer-induced macular injury [letter].Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2010; 54: 631-633
- Long-term results after drainage of premacular subhyaloid hemorrhage into the vitreous with a pulsed Nd:YAG laser.Arch Ophthalmol. 1998; 116: 1465-1469
- Optical coherence tomographic evaluation of a surgically treated traumatic macular hole secondary to Nd:YAG laser injury.Am J Ophthalmol. 2003; 135: 537-539
- Accidental Nd:YAG laser injuries to the macula.Am J Ophthalmol. 1995; 119: 767-773
- Long-term follow up of accidental parafoveal laser burns.Retina. 1993; 13: 152-154
- Accidental parafoveal laser burn from a standard military ruby range finder.Retina. 1995; 15: 356-358
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA safety notification: risk of eye and skin injuries from high-powered, hand-held lasers used for pointing or entertainment. December 16, 2010. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/ucm237129.htm. Accessed April 4, 2013.
Laser Institute of America. 1 Watt portable blue laser poses a hazard [press release]. August 31, 2010. Available at: http://www.lia.org/blog/2010/08/1-watt-portable-blue-laser-poses-a-hazard/. Accessed April 4, 2013.
Financial Disclosure(s): The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article.