Main Outcome Measures
Abbreviations and Acronyms:BCVA (best-corrected visual acuity), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), IC (interstitial cystitis), MTTL1 (mitochondrially encoded tRNA leucine 1), PPS (pentosan polysulfate sodium), PRPH2 (peripherin 2), RPE (retinal pigment epithelium)
- Analysis of long-term Elmiron therapy for interstitial cystitis.Urology. 1997; 49: 93-99
- Pentosan polysulfate sodium for treatment of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome: insights from a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study.J Urol. 2015; 193: 857-862
- Thrombocid: a new synthetic anticoagulant.Presse Med. 1951; 59: 159
- Elmiron (R) [package insert].Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Titusville, NJAugust 2012
- Diagnosis and treatment of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome: AUA Guideline amendment.J Urol. 2015; 193: 1545-1553
- Etiology, pathophysiology and biomarkers of interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2017; 295: 1341-1359
- Angiogenic factors, bladder neuroplasticity and interstitial cystitis—new pathobiological insights.Transl Androl Urol. 2015; 4: 555-562
- Evidence for bladder urothelial pathophysiology in functional bladder disorders.BioMed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 1-15
- ISCEV Standard for full-field clinical electroretinography (2015 update).Doc Ophthalmol. 2015; 130: 1-12
- Comprehensive analysis of patients with Stargardt macular dystrophy reveals new genotype–phenotype correlations and unexpected diagnostic revisions.Genet Med. 2015; 17: 262-270
- Next-generation sequencing-based molecular diagnosis of 82 retinitis pigmentosa probands from Northern Ireland.Hum Genet. 2015; 134: 217-230
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Defining Adult Overweight and Obesity. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html. Accessed March 15, 2018.
- The evolution of outer retinal tubulation, a neurodegeneration and gliosis prominent in macular diseases.Ophthalmology. 2017; 124: 1353-1367
- Effect of drugs on crystal adhesion to injured urothelium.Urology. 1990; 36: 255-259
- Safety and efficacy of up to 900 mg/day polysulfate sodium (Elmiron) in patients with interstitial cystitis.Urology. 2001; 57: 122-123
- Long-term experience with pentosan polysulfate in interstitial cystitis.Urology. 1998; 51: 381-387
- Prevalence of symptoms of bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis among adult females in the United States.J Urol. 2001; 186: 540-544
- Mitochondrial disorders and the eye.Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2001; 22: 325-331
- Mitochondrial dysfunction underlying outer retinal diseases.Mitochondrion. 2017; 36: 66-76
- Deletion screening of mitochondrial DNA via multiplier DNA amplification.Mol Cell Probes. 1994; 8: 45-49
- Clinical features of A3243G mitochondrial tRNA mutation.Brain Dev. 2004; 26: 459-462
Financial Disclosure(s): The author(s) have made the following disclosure(s): W.A.P.: Consultant − Advanced Clinical.
HUMAN SUBJECTS: This study included human subjects or tissues. No animals were used in this study. Study protocol was approved by the institutional review board of Emory University. Informed consent was obtained from all human subjects. This research complied with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) Act of 1996 and adhered to the tenets of the Declaration of Helsinki.
No animals were used in this study.
Conception and design: Pearce, Jain
Analysis and interpretation: Pearce, Chen, Jain
Data collection: Pearce, Chen, Jain
Obtained funding: None
Overall responsibility: Pearce, Chen, Jain