Participants and Controls
Main Outcome Measures
- Movement disorders.Med Clin North Am. 2009; 93 (viii): 371-388
- Review of the visual system in Parkinson's disease.Optom Vis Sci. 1994; 72: 92-99
- Ophthalmologic features of Parkinson's disease.Neurology. 2004; 62: 177-180
- Ocular motility in Parkinson's disease.J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 1996; 33: 144-147
- Visual dysfunction in Parkinson disease without dementia.Neurology. 2005; 65: 1907-1913
- Convergence insufficiency in idiopathic Parkinson's disease responsive to levodopa.Strabismus. 1999; 7: 169-174
- A randomized trial of deep-brain stimulation for Parkinson's disease.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 896-908
- Electrical stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in advanced Parkinson's disease.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1105-1111
- Non-motor effects of deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in Parkinson's disease: preliminary physiological results.Neurol Sci. 2001; 22: 85-86
- Development of the 25-item National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire.Arch Ophthalmol. 2001; 119: 1050-1058
- Parkinsonism: onset, progression and mortality.Neurology. 1967; 17: 427-442
- Movement Disorder Society-sponsored revision of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (MDS-UPDRS): scale presentation and clinimetric testing results.Mov Disord. 2008; 23: 2129-2170
- A computerized method of visual acuity testing: adaptation of the Early Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy Study testing protocol.Am J Ophthalmol. 2003; 135: 194-205
- The design of a new letter chart for measuring contrast sensitivity.Clin Vis Sci. 1988; 2: 187-199
- Quality improvement in neurology: AAN Parkinson disease quality measures.Neurology. 2010; 75: 2021-2027
- Measuring contrast sensitivity under different lighting conditions; comparison of three tests.Optom Vis Sci. 2006; 83: 290-298
- Normal values for the Pelli-Robson contrast sensitivity test.J Cataract Refract Surgery. 2001; 27: 261-266
Manuscript no. 2011-361.
Dr. Almer currently is with the Ophthalmology Department, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zeriffin, Israel. Dr. Marsh currently is with the Mental Health Care Line, Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas.
Supported by the National Institutes of Health , Bethesda, Maryland (grant no.: P50-NS-58377 [LM, MG]); subject recruitment was provided by the Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Disease Research Center of Excellence at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland.
Financial Disclosure(s): The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article.